The organizers are pleased to announce that a number of travel bursaries from various institutions will be available again this year (for detailed information please see below):
- EUROTOX 2020 Travel Bursaries (Deadline
31 March 2020 30 April 2020)
- EPAA (European Partnership for Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing) Travel Grant (Deadline 13 July 2020)
EUROTOX 2020 Travel Bursaries
EUROTOX 2020 will provide a number of bursaries for attendance at the congress. Bursaries will be available especially for individuals from low and lower-middle income economies. Online registration and abstract submission is required first and an application for a travel bursary can only be made during the abstract submission process.
Deadline for travel bursary application: Tuesday,
31 March 2020 30 April 2020
- must be a Postgraduate or Early Career professional
- must be within the first 6 years of career, excluding approved career breaks, from date of obtaining the first degree (non-graduates and undergraduates are not eligible).
- must submit a cover letter with clear statement of why financial support is required, and clear explanation of how attendance to the Congress fits with his/her academic goal and career plans
- must submit an abstract for the congress within the given deadline
- must commit to personal attendance and presentation of the abstract if accepted for a bursary.
Bursaries will be offered as follows:
- registration fee will be covered fully by the Congress Organizers
- registration fee will be covered fully by the Congress Organizers plus a fix lump bursary of 500 EUR
- will only be made upon submission of all required documents
- will only be made if proof of attendance at the conference is provided
- will only be made on-site at the conference (at the registration desk)
All accepted applications will be acknowledged in due time. If you do not receive an acknowledgement you should assume you application has not been received. Applications should not exceed the stipulated word count for the requested statements on the application form.
EPAA (European Partnership for Alternative Approaches to Animal Testing) Travel Grant
EPAA will grant 2 travel bursaries to attend the EUROTOX 2020 congress:
- one full bursary (1000 EUR)
- one half bursary (500 EUR)
Deadline for application: 13 July 2020
- Applicants have to be based (i.e. studying) in one of the 27 EU Member States. Citizenship may be from any country (i.e. also outside of the EU).
- Applicants must be graduated (BSc / First cycle completed with at least 180 ECTS credits) when applying and should not have a doctoral degree.
- Applicants must still be considered as full-time students or young scientists (≥ 35 years) when applying.
- Young scientists employed by industry are not eligible.
- No funding or reimbursement by another entity for the same student and event is allowed.
Application and selection process
- Applications must be sent to EPAA functional mailbox (grow‐email@example.com) by midnight of the day indicated below.
- The Award will be granted provided an abstract is accepted for an oral presentation. At the sole discretion of the Jury, in exceptional cases work presented in a poster format will be eligible, too. EPAA visibility must be granted by including a clear acknowledgment of EPAA’s support in the presentation/poster.
Selection will be made by the jury on the basis of the following documents to be provided by the applicant:
- Abstract submitted for the EUROTOX 2020 congress
- Detailed CV of the applicant with list of publications (if any)
- Cover letter describing why the work described in the abstract is important for the 3Rs and why it should be supported by the EPAA grant
- Recommendation letter from a professor/supervisor also confirming the applicant is a full-time student
- Proof of acceptance to the event (i.e. invitation to the event or confirmation mail)
For more information regarding the EPAA travel bursaries please click here.
In case of any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the EUROTOX 2020 congress organization.
Phone: +49 351 65573140