EUROTOX2019 Travel Bursaries
EUROTOX2019 will provide a number of bursaries for attendance at the congress. Bursaries will be available especially for individuals from low and lower-middle income economies. Online registration and abstract submission is required first and an application for a travel bursary can only be made during the abstract submission process.
Deadline for travel bursary application: 31 March 2019
- must be a Postgraduate or Early Career professional
- must be within the first 6 years of career, excluding approved career breaks, from date of obtaining the first degree (non-graduates and undergraduates are not eligible).
- must submit a cover letter with clear statement of why financial support is required, and clear explanation of how attendance to the congress fits with his/her academic goal and career plans
- must submit an abstract for the congress within the given deadline
- must commit to personal attendance and presentation of the abstract if accepted for a bursary.
Bursaries will be offered as follows:
- registration fee will be covered fully by the Congress Organizers
- registration fee will be covered fully by the Congress Organizers plus a fix lump bursary of 500 EUR
- will only be made upon submission of all required documents
- will only be made if proof of attendance at the congress is provided
- will only be made after the congress by bank transfer (successful applicants will get a form for providing the bank details)
All accepted applications will be acknowledged in due time. If you do not receive an acknowledgement you should assume you application has not been received. Applications should not exceed the stipulated word count for the requested statements on the application form.
ESTIV (The European Society of Toxicology In Vitro) Travel Grant
ESTIV will grant 2 travel bursaries to attend the EUROTOX2019 congress. Grantees will be:
- Reimbursed up to 500 EUR of travel and accommodation costs after the EUROTOX2019 congress following submission of a certificate of attendance as well as original receipts and/or invoices.
- Expected to write a contribution on the conference for the ESTIV newsletter.
- Expected to give a webinar on their research for ESTIV/ASCCT members.
At the time of the deadline of application, eligible candidates must be:
- Member of ESTIV for at least 1 year,
- Maximum 35 years old,
- At master, doctoral or postdoctoral level,
- Officially living or working in Europe in the past 3 years,
- Not have received a travel bursary from ESTIV in the past 5 years,
- Not have received a travel bursary from another source for attending the EUROTOX2019 congress.
The application dossier should contain:
- A copy of the identity card mentioning date of birth,
- A Curriculum Vitae including full affiliation and list of publications,
- Letter of support of 2 referees among which preferably the current supervisor and/or former (master/doctoral) thesis promotor,
- A personal motivation letter.
The different documents in the application dossier should be sent as PDF files in a single mail to the ESTIV President (firstname.lastname@example.org) at latest by 1 August 2019 at 5:00 pm CET. Evaluation of the application dossiers and selection of the winners will be done by the ESTIV Board. The winners will be personally informed by the ESTIV President by 31 August 2019 followed by announcement in the ESTIV newsletter and social media.
In case of any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the EUROTOX2019 congress organization.
Phone: +49 351 4842975